Finance and Accounting Webinars and Events
We are committed to providing educational content (most offer CPE credit) related to the finance, accounting and banking industries. Take a look at our calendar of online webinars and register for as many as you like.
And don’t miss us at popular industry events!
Segregation of Duties (SoD) Concepts by CPA Academy
Segregation of duties is a basic, key internal control and one of the most difficult to achieve. It is used to ensure that errors or irregularities are prevented or detected on a timely basis by employees in the normal course of business. Segregation of duties provides two benefits: 1) a deliberate fraud is more difficult because it requires collusion of two or more persons, and 2) it is much more likely that innocent errors will be found. At the most basic level, it means that no single individual should have control over two or more phases of a transaction or operation. This webinar will explore specific concepts, examples and applications of the segregation of duties control at the corporate level and will use the accounts payable (AP) process as an example.
Why should you attend this webinar?
- Learn about the four types of SoD conflicts at the corporate level.
- Obtain examples of SoD controls at the corporate level and for the AP process.Learn about SoD conflicts that can exist within the AP process at the transaction and system level.
- Obtain specific examples of compensating controls for the AP process.
- Review the components of a SoD policy.
Mid-Market AP Automation: End-to-End vs. Point Solutions by Treasury Webinars
There is quite a bit of hype around AP automation, and rightly so. Unfortunately, this means that companies are coming out of the woodwork claiming to offer a great account payable automation solution. Choosing the right AP automation solution can be a game-changer for an AP, Treasury or Finance leader leading the project to select and implement it. AP, Treasury, and Finance leaders do not get many chances to lead a project that can have a meaningful impact on their company’s bottom line. The choice of an AP solution can drive the transformation of AP into a strategic function or relegate it to be being viewed as solely a cost center.
Learn how to:
- Identify the right solution and right solution for your company
- Understand the value proposition for an end-to-end AP automation solution versus a point solution