Security Operations EngineerApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
MineralTree provides the easiest to use Accounts Payable (AP) and Payment Automation solutions for finance professionals at growing organizations. As we are hosted in the cloud this individual must be completely at home with scripting and automation. Additionally, as a company that is processing payments this person needs to have a high-level of understanding of security threats and risk management in a corporate environment.
- Participate in the development of a strategic vision for making MineralTree an organization with world class security
- Define and implement security best practices and risk management
- Investigate, adopt and deploy new tools and methods to enable continuous improvement
- Configure and deploy monitoring tools and scripts for systems and applications
- Participate in regular security audits and compliance activity
- Provide effective communication of projects and tasks to the SecOps team and stake-holders in other departments
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Expert scripting (at least one): bash, perl or python
- Server configuration management: preferably puppet
- Security: Familiar with formal risk management policies and procedures. PCI experience a plus
- Security: Familiar with scanning and penetration tools and techniques
- Technology agnostic and a willingness to work with whatever tool or technology that needs attention including windows, Java, nagios or others
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.