The P3 Blog
Popular Payable Posts
Why You Should Automate Your Purchase Order Match Process
Growing businesses use purchase orders to streamline and control purchasing activity, while gaining visibility into the impact of spending on budgets. Approved purchases result in purchase orders being issued to vendors by buying organizations. Vendors fulfill purchases – by delivering goods and services – and then present invoices for payment against the purchase orders.
While purchase orders provide greater visibility and control, they also create new work for AP departments. For instance, invoices presented against purchase orders may cite the original purchase order, but it is rarely the case that invoice data – header and line-level information – precisely match the cited purchase order.
The result is that AP departments must manually match and reconcile the presented invoice against the cited purchase order – a task that is laborious, expensive, and error prone.
By integrating directly with your accounting/ERP system, MineralTree –
- Automatically retrieves original purchase order records from the accounting/ERP system
- Presents the received invoice alongside the cited purchase order
- Links the purchase order line-items with the line-items from the received invoice
- Identifies matched and mismatched portions of the invoice
- Automatically codes the invoice line items from the linked-to purchase order line items
- Provides integrated workflow exception handling to enable mismatches to be resolved
- Enables posting of invoices to the accounting/ERP system with links to the original purchase order to ensure that the PO-to-Invoice reconciliation is complete
In this 30 minute webinar, we will provide an overview of the PO match functionality in MineralTree and how it integrates with Microsoft Dynamics GP. Join us to see how you can easily automate your PO-based workflows.
← Back to The P3 Blog