Alumni Impact Award Winner
MineralTree just added another award to its mantle. In addition to the OnFinance and MITX awards we’ve won in recent months, our well-deserving founder and CEO, BC Krishna just took home a personal distinction. BostInno presented him and nine other Bostonians with its Alumni Impact Award.
Winners were named on stage this week at BostInno’s third annual State of Innovation forum which featured some of Boston’s best minds discussing how the city and region can continue its growth as a leader in innovation. The Alumni Impact Awards honor alumni of Boston-area colleges and universities who are making the biggest impacts today for the future of the city.
Since BC earned a master’s degree from MIT, he has started three different companies that have defined or established new market categories in areas from electronic publishing to financial fraud detection. With MineralTree, he’s now taking aim at the $100 billion that U.S. corporations waste every year on manual, paper-based, ad hoc, and risky accounts payable and payment processes.
With his head down on building a great product and company, BC keeps a low profile, so it’s great to be able to shine a well-deserving light on him from time to time. Congrats, BC!
Here’s the full list of honorees for the 2015 Alumni Impact Award, based upon their contributions to Boston, its future, and its innovation economy. Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks for all that you’ve added to our great city!
- Alex Gruzen, CEO of WiTricity, MIT & Harvard Business School
- Art Papas, CEO of Bullhorn, Tufts University
- BC Krishna, President and CEO of MineralTree, MIT
- Cris De Luca, Leading Digital Innovation for Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, Boston University
- Jesse Mermell, Executive Director of Alliance for Business Leadership, Boston College
- Josh Trautwein, Co-founder and Executive Director of Fresh Truck, Northeastern University
- Lourdes German, The Civic Innovation Project, Boston College
- Mackey Craven, Partner at OpenView Venture Partners, MIT
- Nick Rellas, CEO of Drizly, Boston College
- Nina Dudnik, Chief Executive Officer of Seeding Labs, Harvard University