MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as SimpliSafe, Rover, Amplify Snacks, Appalachian Mountain Club and UNTUCKit have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
MineralTree is searching for a passionate hands-on UI Architect who will be responsible for design and development of enhancements to the MineralTree product. In this role, you will manage defining product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications while ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms. You will be the Technical Lead for a team of UI developers in both India and Cambridge who will be implementing new and exciting functionality. This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead the breakthrough and innovation for solving real-world software problems while identifying and defining key technologies for software development at MineralTree
- Lead and drive the front-end transition to SinglePage App Architecture
- Guide architecture and design initiatives for our transition to a SinglePage App framework
- Work in conjunction with our Platform team on GraphQL/Rest API interface design
- Work with the team to elevate overall performance profile of UI/UX
- Assist with leading the growth and hiring of our front-end development team
- Provide responsive webapp for mobile devices accordingly
- Provide both hands-on development and consultation on complex projects as the lead contributor and specialist for your designated team of Engineers and QA
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of UI concepts, practices and procedures
- Rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field / Master’s preferred
- Ten or more years of experience in a similar role or related field
- Experience with Angular and React, or similar technologies
- Experience with building frontend browser-based interfaces
- Experience and solid understanding of client-side communication patterns, such as WebSockets
- Understanding of performance and scalability implications for client-based systems
- Understanding of content management, content localization and CDN technologies
- Familiarity with client-side development for mobile devices
- Solid understanding of modern design principals, object oriented and functional programming in a client-side environment
- Experience building and maintaining a multi-tenant SaaS environment
- Understanding of financial systems, specifically around payments and invoice automation technologies is a plus
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment while leading a technical team to achieve goals
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.