Technical Operations ManagerApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
In an effort to keep our international operation running smoothly MineralTree’s Ops team works closely with Development and implements DevOps enthusiastically. Comfort with scripting, automation, networking and virtualization is a must. We are 100% cloud hosted! Additionally, MineralTree handles payments, so being security minded with a high-level of attention to detail is key for this opportunity.
- Manage and Lead MineralTree’s Operations team
- Manage on-call and off-hours application deployments for a 24x7x365 operation
- Act as a mentor team members
- Participate in the development of a strategic vision for making the MineralTree Operations team a world class organization
- Deploy and maintain cloud (AWS) infrastructure and the MineralTree application to support MineralTree’s development, QA and Production environments
- Utilize and update scripts (e.g. Bash, python) and automation tools (e.g. Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation)
- Adopt and deploy new tools and methods to enable continuous improvement
- Implement and maintain security best practices and risk management
- Provide effective communication of projects and tasks to the Operations team and stake-holders in other departments
- Support users and maintain internal IT systems and applications (SSO, office network, user systems, account provisioning)
- A management or leadership role in a 24×7 operation
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with system tools, networking and servers (Linux preferred)
- Automation and Orchestration, (e.g. server configuration management: preferably puppet)
- Security: Familiar with risk management (e.g. PCI-DSS)
- Monitoring (Nagios, sensu, New Relic, etc)
- Process positive – understands the benefit of repeatable processes and utilizes ticketing systems and documents consistently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner
- Problem solver
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Technology agnostic with a willingness to work with whatever tool or technology that needs attention; including Windows, Java, nagios or others
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.