Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) partners with internal and partner sales executives during the sales process to help close new sales of our accounts payable automation software and related professional services. The day to day responsibilities of the SE include understanding the prospective customer’s environment, explaining the AP solution and value proposition, demonstrating the software, recommending solutions, assessing the customer’s current accounts payable process, determining how to best suggest approval workflows, implementation roadmaps and deployment strategies, demonstrating the ROI of solution and building strong customer technical champions. Given the incredible growth in sales the company is investing in a sales engineering team to help the company scale. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to help drive significant growth and demonstrate technical leadership at a company that is at the convergence of market transformation and product awareness in the FinTech space.
- Able to clearly explain technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Support the sales team in the technical sale of the AP Automation solution to new customers
- Meet with prospects to help understand their AP management challenges
- Explain how the MineralTree solution can help; demonstrate the software capabilities
- Address technical and implementation questions from prospective customers
- Gather and analyze customer requirements and invoice volumes to make recommendations
- Develop scope of work, proposals and RFP content for the sale of AP solutions
- Occasionally visit customer and partner sites to better understand their needs and identify opportunities
- Create business cases and deployment plans and/or roadmaps to support the sale
- Facilitate proof-of-concepts as required as part of customer evaluation of the solution
- Position the MineralTree solution effectively against the competition
- Develop strong technical champions within existing and prospective customers
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the technical solution sale
- Be able to travel up to 20% to customer sites, conferences, internal meetings and other related events
- Success will be achieved by:
- Driving action that results in comprehensive, actionable and achievable proposals
- Playing a major role in winning large AP deals
- Being viewed as a crucial component of the sales process
- Meeting productivity goals, to include Annual Recurring Revenue on deals influenced, close ratio, total number of support engagements performed and customer support metrics
- Minimum 6 years professional experience in a related role
- B.S. or B.A. in engineering, business management, economics, mathematics, computer science or equivalent required; MBA, M.S., or Masters in Engineering preferred
- Prior sales engineering, software implementation or software sales process experience preferred
- Prior experience in analytical reporting and/or data analysis tools preferred
- Ability to establish credibility and build confidence quickly with all levels of customer and internal decision makers, influencers, and stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills; exceptional listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong customer relationships
- Solid technical skills and competence along with the ability to learn and apply software, engineering, and accounting concepts quickly
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; formulates creative solutions that will deliver real business value; eliminates roadblocks
- Strategic and business thinking skills and acumen
- Well organized; ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure – managing customer expectations, time constraints, competitive situations, etc.
- Comfortable as a team player or working independently
- Proven consistency in meeting and exceeding performance goals
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.