Senior Software Engineer / ConnectorsApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, modifying and implementing web-based Java applications to support our best in class SAAS payment system.
- Participate in the development of new features and enhancements for MineralTree’s financial products and platforms
- Identify and define key technologies for software development, and develop applications in accordance with system architecture requirements
- Maintain forward knowledge of the accounting software ecosystem and incorporate industry trends into our Connector team’s planning and technical architecture
- Participate in all aspects of the software life-cycle, including definition, design, implementation, testing and delivery
- Modify existing software to correct errors and improve performance
- Participate in customer support and resolve technical issues by researching, reproduction, and debugging production problems
- Effectively and efficiently identify challenges and clearly communicate those challenges to the Development team
- Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of complicated technical tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
- Three or more years of experience working with Java and related technologies
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience building and maintaining a multi-tenant SaaS environment
- Strong understanding of server-side development of web-based concurrent applications
- Working knowledge of micro-service architectures
- Working knowledge of cryptography and management of cryptographic data
- Understanding of financial systems, specifically around payments and invoice automation technologies is a plus!
- Broad familiarity with open source technologies in a Java ecosystem
- Experience developing and delivering software using Agile methodologies
- Strong communication and organizational skills
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.