Senior Director of Product ManagementApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
As our first Senior Director of Product Management you will be responsible for leading our product team with driving the product roadmap and prioritizing initiatives across the suite of MineralTree products. You will set direction for the team on integrations with the supported accounting systems, expand upon the Invoice Capture, Invoice Approval, Payment Approval workflows that drive our customer’s automated AP processes, maintain existing payment channels and continuously investigate opportunities for new payment channels to ensure that customers have maximum choices when making payments. You’ll also lead our partnerships to deliver white-labeled AP and Payment solutions.
- Work directly with the CEO to set the vision and product strategy
- Lead a six-person product management team in understanding our markets and the unique needs of each (direct customers, partners and payment providers, financial institutions). Understand the industries we serve and understand our competitors, accounting systems, and payment rails that MineralTree works with
- Manage the prioritization of our product roadmap and gain buy-in from Sales, Customer Support, Channel Partners and Customers while ensuring consistency across initiatives
- Work alongside UX Design to direct detailed product requirements and provide product management support to Engineering teams during the development and QA cycles
- Manage relationships and integrations with the partners that make up MineralTree’s workflow and payment ecosystem
- Interact with current and prospective customers to understand their AP processes and the way they use their accounting systems to design solutions that scale with their growing needs
- Lead the team in analyzing business data to understand usage trends and product gaps
- Assist the sales team on complex deals that require deep product and process knowledge
- Bachelors or Masters degree in related field of study
- Successful track record in Product Management for a B2B SaaS company
- Five plus years of experience in product management coupled with two plus years of team management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Passionate about building meaningful, intuitive products
- Commitment to continuous development of product expertise and technical knowledge
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Accounts Payable processes and/or accounting systems is a plus
- Knowledge of payment systems and rails (check, ACH, credit card, etc.) is a plus
- Technical competence and familiarity with SQL is a plus
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.