MineralTree helps some of the coolest and fastest growing companies in the US to scale their businesses without having to dedicate more time or people to the accounts payable (AP) process. Companies like Ipsy, Opendoor and Rover.com along with Partners like American Express, RBS, VISA and Zions and Investors like Fidelity and First Data count on MineralTree every day! Over $200 Billion is spent by US businesses annually on broken AP processes which is where MineralTree steps in to automate the most tedious and time-consuming parts of AP. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
At MineralTree we encourage creativity, value innovation, demand teamwork, expect accountability and cherish results. If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you! We have high aspirations for the company and are looking for the right people to help fulfill the dream. We strive to continually improve every aspect of the company and use cutting edge technologies and processes to delight our customers and rapidly increase revenues. MineralTree employees receive a generous benefits package, and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in our dynamic industry. We recognize and reward outstanding performance and encourage growth.
Join a cutting edge SAAS company to make a significant impact on our continued growth, while developing new skills to help drive your career. Work in a high growth and engaging environment that’s large enough to give you the support you need but small enough to allow you to be heard and have a direct impact. Learn while doing, focused on results, as a key member of our finance team.
- Responsible for preparing monthly customer and partner invoicing and collections
- Post cash receipts to A/R accounts
- Calculate and manage revenue recognition and deferred revenue in accordance with GAAP rev rec requirements
- Calculate and analyze commissions comparing results to quota
- Calculate, manage and comply with monthly sales & use tax filings
- Perform month-end closing procedures related to billing, reporting and reconciling
- Prepare weekly reporting and metrics (ARR, cash & working capital)
- Liaison with bank representative for monthly compliance and WC draws
- Assist with special projects, including integrated billing system, credit card processing
- Participate in implementation of new management programs such as vendor management, disaster recovery, regulatory and security compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years related experience, preferably with a growing software company
- Prior experience with billing systems and software revenue recognition
- Prior experience with an accounting system such as Quickbooks, Great Plains, NetSuite or Intacct a must
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email
- Outgoing, results driven and customer service oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.