Product Manager – PartnershipsApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
MineralTree helps some of the best and fastest growing companies in the US to scale their businesses without having to dedicate more time or people to the accounts payable (AP) process. Companies like Ipsy, Opendoor and Rover.com along with Partners like American Express, RBS, VISA and Zions and Investors like Fidelity and First Data count on MineralTree every day! Over $200 Billion is spent by US businesses annually on broken AP processes which is where MineralTree steps in to automate the most tedious and time-consuming parts of AP. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We are a close-knit organization – everyone is working towards a common goal where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive towards challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual.. This is an opportunity to join a well-positioned FinTech company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for researching, designing and managing product roadmap initiatives, including new feature functionality, accounting system integrations and customer issues in collaboration with product management leadership. Your focus will be on working closely with strategic partners, such as financial institutions, and their product teams to drive successful partnerships. The position contributes to product development artifacts and collaborates deeply with engineering and QA teams to define and scope deliverables. The product manager aligns product development with marketing and support activities, contributing documentation needed for such communications.
- Manage product development relationships with MineralTree’s most valuable strategic partners
- Know our markets and the unique needs of each (direct customers, partners and payment providers, financial institutions). Understand the industries we serve and understand our competitors, accounting systems, and payment rails that MineralTree works with
- Work alongside UX Design to write detailed product requirements and provide product management support to Engineering teams during the development and QA cycles
- Manage relationships and integrations with the partners that make up MineralTree’s workflow and payment ecosystem
- Educate internal teams on new functionality while driving communication, training, and support for products
- Create reports and analyze business data to understand usage trends and product gaps
- Assist support and development teams in researching, troubleshooting, and diagnosing select customer issues. Document solutions, and manage bug fix release cycles
- Assist the sales team on complex deals that require deep product, accounting system and process knowledge
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- One to three years of Product Management experience, or experience in a similar role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Passionate about building meaningful, intuitive products
- Commitment to continuous development of product expertise and technical knowledge
- The ability to write clear, concise internal product specifications, external communications and training materials
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Accounts Payable processes and/or accounting systems is a plus
- Knowledge of payment systems and rails (check, ACH, credit card, etc.) is a plus
- Technical competence and familiarity with SQL is a plus
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.