Principal Software Engineer (Front-End)Apply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
MineralTree helps some of the coolest and fastest growing companies in the US to scale their businesses without having to dedicate more time or people to the accounts payable (AP) process. Companies like Ipsy, Opendoor and Rover.com along with Partners like American Express, RBS, VISA and Zions and Investors like Fidelity and First Data count on MineralTree everyday! Over $200 Billion is spent by US businesses annually on broken AP processes which is where MineralTree steps in to automate the most tedious and time-consuming parts of AP. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
MineralTree provides the easiest to use Accounts Payable (AP) and Payment Automation solutions for finance professionals at growing organizations. MineralTree is searching for a passionate Front-End Principal Software Engineer who will be responsible for design and development of enhancements to the MineralTree product. In this role, you will define product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications while ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms. You will be a Technical Lead for a team of developers in both India and Cambridge who will be implementing new and exciting functionality. This role will report to the VP of Engineering. Remote or home-based candidates will NOT be considered.
- Lead the breakthrough and innovation for solving real-world software problems while identifying and defining key technologies for software development at MineralTree
- Participate in the development of a strategic vision for making the MineralTree Operations team a world class organization
- Provide consultation on complex projects as the lead contributor and specialist for your designated team of Engineers and QA
- Responsible for software architecture design and development for MineralTree’s financial products and platforms
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of complicated technical tasks
- Collaborate with other teams to accomplish technical and product development tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field / MS or higher preferred
- Five or more years of experience in a similar role or related area
- Experience with Angular and React, or similar technologies
- Experience with building frontend browser based interfaces
- Experience and solid understanding of client side communication patterns, such as WebSockets
- Architect, deploy and maintain cloud (AWS) infrastructure to support MineralTree development, QA and Production Understanding of financial systems, specifically around payments and invoice automation technologies is a plus
- Understanding of performance and scalability implications for client based systems
- Understanding of content management, content localization and CDN technologies
- Familiarity with client side development for mobile devices
- Solid understanding of modern design principals, object oriented and functional programming in a client side environment
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment while leading a technical team to achieve goals
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.