Payments Product ManagerApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
As our Payments Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving the product roadmap for all payments-related initiatives across the product line. This includes new initiatives and enhancements for all the domestic commercial payment rails that are currently supported by MineralTree – check, ACH, wire, and virtual card. You will also be responsible for driving initiatives to support international payments – cross border and USD. As the Payments Product manager you will have adequate knowledge of emerging payment methods such as a US Real Time Payments and a working knowledge of payment origination and settlement methods in key foreign countries – e.g., Canada and UK. You will work directly with the Senior Director of Product Management and the company Founder and CEO to ensure that the company’s market-leading payment execution capabilities.
- Know our markets and the unique needs of each (direct customers, partners and payment providers, financial institutions). Understand the industries we serve and understand our competitors, accounting systems, and payment rails that MineralTree works with
- Build, prioritize, and publish the product roadmap. Gain buy-in from Sales, Customer Support, Channel Partners and Customers while ensuring consistency across initiatives
- Work alongside UX Design to write detailed product requirements and provide product management support to Engineering teams during the development and QA cycles
- Manage relationships and integrations with the partners that make up MineralTree’s workflow and payment ecosystem
- Educate internal teams on new functionality while driving communication, training, and support for products
- Interact with current and prospective customers to understand their AP processes and the way they use their accounting systems to design solutions that scale with their growing needs
- Create reports and analyze business data to understand usage trends and product gaps
- Assist support and development teams in researching, troubleshooting, and diagnosing select customer issues. Document solutions, and manage bug fix release cycles
- Assist the sales team on complex deals that require deep product, accounting system and process knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Three or more years of Product Management experience with a focus on payments, financial technology or related industry
- Knowledge of payment systems and rails (check, ACH, virtual cards)
- Experience with Accounts Payable processes and/or accounting systems is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Passionate about building meaningful, intuitive products
- Commitment to continuous development of product expertise and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability writing clear, concise internal product specifications and external communications and training materials
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills
- Technical competence and familiarity with SQL is a plus
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.