Experience Designer / User ResearchApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We areconstantly building new and exciting features for our AP and Payment automation suite of products. If you love designing great user interfaces and you want to make an impact, then you’d be a great fit on our team!The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, and will have an aptitude for team collaboration and good communication. Multi-tasking should be second nature.
- Visual thinker – you will design solutions to problems, rather than make things look “pretty”
- Expert at creating wireframes and other schematics, and document feature specifications
- You’ll spend more time on user research and usability testing, although you will also be involved in every step of the process from designing our products, to researching the best possible solutions, writing test scripts, conducting usability sessions, creating user flows, and designing high-fidelity mockups
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Proven experience facilitating one or more of the following – user research and testing, interviews, field studies, heuristic studies
- Strong working knowledge of design software tools, especially the Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, screen recording and usability testing software such as Morae
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Excellent analytic and communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your research & design decisions
- 2/3 years of UX design experience with web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, interaction design, usability, or cognitive psychology required
- Knowledge of mobile and responsive design
- Comfortable developing graphics and layouts for digital & printed marketing collateral is a plus
- Please provide a portfolio to accompany resume
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.