Director of Platform StrategyApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
The Director of Platform Strategy is responsible for the overall management of one or more technology product solutions for MineralTree. This role will help develop and manage the medium-term vision and strategy for the platform. As the platform evolves rapidly to address new markets, use-cases and services, this role will define the overarching vision and strategy to guide that evolution. Equal parts strategist, product manager, and data analyst, this individual will articulate a consistent platform “story” to executive leadership, clients and partners. S/he will also guide new product development by helping the product management team identify gaps proactively. The role will also identify synergies between MineralTree and other internal and external services for example – tokenization, authentication, aliasing etc. and help integrating these into the product roadmap.
This individual will manage the solutions in line with the MineralTree strategy, ensure that solutions fit consistently within the integrated suite of technology enablers, as appropriate, that the solutions operate as designed and are of high quality. This position is also responsible for the successful deployment of these solutions and supporting the domain Knowledge Leader and Knowledge managers while providing consultative guidance on technology for the application sponsor. This position will also initiate, plan, and execute projects (moderately complex), leading mid-sized project teams (virtual, matrix) to success, applying effective project management processes, including management of stakeholder expectations, communications, and scope management. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer, while working closely with colleagues in Engineering, Business Operations, Finance and Marketing for executive reporting, business planning and product marketing.
- Know our markets and the unique needs of each (direct customers, partners and payment providers, financial institutions).
- Understand the industries we serve and understand our competitors, accounting systems and payment rails that MineralTree works with
- Collaborate across and with product managers and marketing to drive a seamless and integrated knowledge capability to the business
- Apply advanced principles and concepts to a wide range of work in a complex functional area; duties are varied in scope and require a broad knowledge base to perform
- Perform with a good understanding of the product’s full range of functionality and a working familiarity with technology tools and services
- Provide detailed review of development solutions and schedules
- Build the business case have the ability to secure executive support and funding
- Manage application-related projects for the product family supported
- Coordinate business readiness activities and plan measurement and analytics outputs
- Monitor innovative trends and external market changes
- Research industry best practices, vendors and assess competitive positioning
- Create and manage platform engagement best practices, success stories and related activities
- Determine priorities needed to achieve business objectives and ensure these are aligned to strategies
- Effectively influences and directs the activities of individuals in other parts of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
- Eight plus years of Technical Platform Product Management experience
- Deep technical knowledge of API integrations, software containers, cloud-based applications and microservices
- Strong project and product management skills with the ability to prepare detailed instructions/guidance and to manage projects
- Curious and empathetic customer interactions to gather requirements and identify pain points
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Passionate about building meaningful, intuitive products
- Commitment to continuous development of product expertise and technical knowledge
- The ability to write clear internal product specifications, external communications and training materials
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Accounts Payable processes and/or accounting systems is a plus
- Knowledge of payment systems and rails (check, ACH, credit card, etc.) is a plus
As a full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.