Business Development RepresentativeApply Now Cambridge, MA | Full-time
MineralTree helps some of the coolest and fastest growing companies in the US scale their businesses without having to dedicate more time or people to the accounts payable (AP) process. Companies like Rover.com, Ipsy and Opendoor count on MineralTree to automate the most tedious and time-consuming parts of AP. As a key member of a close-knit sales team, you will receive ongoing training, coaching and mentorship that provides a foundation for your technology sales career. You’re the initial point of contact working with prospects to determine if our solution is a good fit. You’ll focus on scheduling high quality meetings and will have all the tools needed to find, contact and convince prospects how MineralTree benefits their business.
We are a close-knit organization – everyone is working towards a common goal where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive towards challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line. Remote or home-based candidates will NOT be considered.
- Operate as the lead Point of Contact for any and all matters specific to your prospects until they are handed off to the assigned Account Executive.
- Call on new prospects with high frequency and urgency to obtain regular, repeatable, predictable flow of leads for the Account Executives
- Help qualify warm partner prospect leads via online databases and outbound calling
- Educate prospective partners on the benefits of our solution & partner program in order to persuade them to take the next step in the process
- Help from time-to-time with first-touch demand generation activities (digital marketing, tradeshows, etc)
- Qualify prospects to a few basic criteria before handing off to AE’s
- Provide clear, concise and consistent follow up via e-mail
- Proactively provide a thorough understanding of the company’s products, plans and services
- Contribute to targeted marketing plans and other marketing campaigns
- Provide constant feedback to marketing and sales managers on the effectiveness of different messages and campaigns (reports), as well as occasional feedback on our product
- Provide regular forecast on key activities & results obtained. Ensure forecast and pipeline accuracy
- Escalate critical deals in territory in a proactive and professional manner
- Utilize supplied salesforce automation (Salesforce.com, plug-ins, dialer technology, etc) in accordance with direction from sales management
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Prior business development experience preferred
- Strong telephone and prospecting (cold-calling) skills
- Understanding of SaaS/B2B high tech industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Goal-oriented, highly confident, self-motivated
- Able to learn & utilize SalesForce.com, plug-in’s to SF, and dialer technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptable to new challenges
- Work cross-functionally during sales cycle to ensure successful transfer of qualified leads to AE’s
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.